The magical reputation of Bali doesn’t have to be held up by incredible water temples or surfing opportunities alone – this chill paradise also has plenty of inland and cultural highlights that will draw you in. This 9-day itinerary will let you explore rice paddies, bar hop along the beach, and immerse yourself in local culture at a traditional guesthouse. But hey, you can’t leave without paddling out on those stunning waters or gazing up at a temple, so we’ve left time for you to do those too.
G Adventures for Good: Bali Community Training Lunch Program, Ubud. Cooking class (Kubutambahan). Git Git waterfall visit. Monkey Forest visit. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
Let loose or hang ten in Kuta, learn to cook Balinese cuisine, explore Git Git waterfall, chill out on the beaches of beautiful Gili T
Group Size Notes
Max 16, avg 10.
8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
Private vehicle, boat.
Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (6 nts), guesthouse (2 nts).
• Modest clothing that covers knees and shoulders (Long pants, long skirts, shirts that cover shoulders)
• Shawl or scarf (for temple visits)
• Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
• Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
• Passport (required) (With photocopies)
• Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
• Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
• Cash, credit and debit cards
• Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
• Ear plugs
• First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
• Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
• Fleece top/sweater
• Locks for bags
• Long pants/jeans
• Outlet adapter
• Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
• Reusable water bottle
• Small travel towel
• Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
• Watch and alarm clock
• Waterproof backpack cover
• Windproof rain jacket
• Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
• Sun hat/bandana
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.
Check-in times and baggage allowances/restrictions vary by airline and can change at any time. For the most up-to-date information for your flight, please contact your airline. We recommend checking in online in advance to avoid potential delays at the airport.
PRODUCT_LINE: AEKG, ID: 24806
Day 1: Kuta
Arrive at any time.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2: Kuta (1B)
Spend a free day in Kuta. Opt to take a surf lesson, explore the shops, chill out on the beach, or head to one of the nearby towns.
Day 3: Kuta/Kubutambahan (1B, 1L, 1D)
Travel to Kubutambahan, enjoying beautiful scenery along the way, and stop for lunch at the G Adventures-supported Bali Community Training Lunch Program en route. Settle in to the charming guesthouse for the evening.
Bali Community Training Lunch Program
Private Vehicle (1.50 hour(s), 45km)
Private Vehicle (1.75 hour(s), 58km)
Day 4: Kubutambahan (1B, 1D)
Try your hand at Balinese cuisine with an included cooking lesson. Opt to trek around the village, visit a waterfall or swim in a natural spring, or check out a nearby dragon fruit farm.
Cooking Demonstration and Meal
Day 5: Kubutambahan/Ubud (1B)
Enjoy a morning at leisure to explore or relax. Later, travel to cultural Ubud, visiting the picturesque Gitgit waterfall en route.
Gitgit Waterfall Visit
Private Vehicle (1.00 hour(s), 27km)
Private Vehicle (2.00 hour(s), 63km)
Day 6: Ubud (1B)
Check out the monkey forest before exploring more of Ubud with free time. Opt to take a yoga class, get a massage, or visit the numerous temples, rice paddies, and markets. In the evening, opt to take in a traditional Kecak dance performance.
Monkey Forest Visit
Day 7: Ubud/Gili Trawangan (1B)
Transfer to Padang Bai and catch a fast boat to the laid-back island of Gili Trawangan. Beautiful Gili T is home to clear waters and an assortment of beachfront bars, and – best of all – the island doesn’t allow motorized vehicles. Enjoy the rest of the day to explore.
Private Vehicle (1.25 hour(s), 40km)
Boat (2.00 hour(s), 60km)
Day 8: Gili Trawangan (1B)
Spend another day in paradise. Chill out at a café, rent a bike and cruise around, or just kick back and relax on the beach. This evening, enjoy a final night out with the group.
Day 9: Gili Trawangan (1B)
Want to take the hassle out of getting back to Bali? Book the Bali Express post-tour Extra. Speak to your Global Connection Officer or travel agent to book.
Add the “Bali Express: Gili Trawangan to Kuta” to your adventure and make your way back to Bali with the guidance of a CEO. This nifty post-tour Extra includes a fast boat and land transfer to get you back to Kuta. Speak to your Global Connection Officer or travel agent to book.